Monday, February 27, 2006

How did I get here?

I have asked myself that question a number of times in my life.

I asked it 15 years ago when I found myself (along with my wife and my 3-year old) in North Carolina. Starting a new life...

I find myself asking that same question again. I can tell you that if 3 years ago, if I had scripted the next 3 years they would have been NOTHING like what really happened. I would never have imagined being where we are now.

That is the power of God's guidance and of his hand our lives.

It seems to me that there was another guy that probably felt something similar to what I am (on a much larger scale). He was busy trying to wipe out these "Christ followers" and doing a good job of it. He was VERY GOOD at his job. He had no intentions of changing the direction of his journey, but God had other plans for him. God met him on the road and explained things to him and his life was NEVER THE SAME. I think his name was Saul, or was it Paul? Acts 9

The journey is certainly not over, but at any one point in a journey you are somewhere. Sometimes it's where you want to be, other times you are trying to get somewhere else, other times you are just trying to keep your head above the water or trying to avoid the quicksand. Other times the journey itself prevents you from reflecting because of its demands, and then you get a breather...you get to take a quick stop and take in the scenery.

I can't believe I ended up here, but I praise God for guiding me here.

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18