Friday, September 01, 2006

Just for fun.

Somewhere along the road here I have developed a real taste for techno/trance music. I love it, I can't hardly get enough of it, I use it a lot while I am coding because it's very energizing and doesn't distract me.

Funny thing, I occasionally look at my music library for my Dell DJ (I love it) and I sort by how much music (in hours) I have for each artist. Over the last year or so Paul Oakenfold has quietly slid into the second spot in front of Van Halen(!) and distantly behind Rush. I have 14 discs of Oakenfold and I still don't have any of the Global Underground discs yet!

Anyway I don't really think too much about individual tracks when I think about trance music, I think about whole albums (great discs you listen to all the way through without thinking about hitting the skip button). Anyway, I thought it would be fun to come up with a short list of my favorite trance tracks (I don't really think of them as "songs", even though they are). Here goes...in no particular order:

"Superbooster" (Voyage Into Trance - Paul Oakenfold)
Ibiza - Oakenfold:
"I Feel Loved"
"The Feeling"
"Open Your Eyes"
Creamfields - Paul Oakenfold: (best continuous section of trance I've heard)
"Como Tu"
"12"
"Living the Dream"
"Switch On" (A Lively Mind - Oakenfold)
Swordfish Soundtrack - Paul Oakenfold:
"Chase"
"Planet Rock"
"Password"
Transport - Paul Oakenfold:
"Enervate"
"Rendezous"
"Purple"
"Ready Steady Go" (Bunkka - Paul Oakenfold)
"Burning For You" (Kreo)
"Hammonds Signal" (One:O:Four)
"Sandstorm" (Darude)

Out of these my 3 favorites are "12" (this is trance at it's very best), "Switch On" (Awesome) and "Planet Rock" (I've heard a dozen versions of this song and this and the "original 12 inch instrumental mix" are the best).

For all of you that have no idea what I am talking about, you can wake back up now, this break in reasonable thought is now concluded...
Chestsound (Out of Date)

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18