Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Not so slow?

About a year ago I wrote about how slow I was that I got a simple concept. That it's not wrong to talk with others about your faith if you know they don't agree with you.

Well, I found myself in just such a place this week, talking with a co-worker over lunch. I had been looking forward to this for a few days because some of our conversations around the office had hints of things to come. The old me would have steered clear of such discussions as quickly as possible, avoiding any awkward moments when I find out the person across from me believes much differently than I.

This time I was actually looking forward to listening to what he had to say. I knew going into it that he would most likely say some things that I would not agree with, but so what! It turned out to be a very interesting conversation...two guys looking towards the same goal. Yes, we are taking different routes, but I loved to hear about his journey. It was exciting to find that despite our differences we had much in common.

Just think of how many of these conversations I missed over the years...

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18