Thursday, January 05, 2006

"Break My Fall"

God is so mysterious, he loves us so much and he helps us in so many ways (often we don't even know he has!).

He nudges us when we need to take a step in a the right direction.
He sends people into our lives to affect us or just plain save us.
Other times he just literally reaches down and picks us up.
Often he moves "immovable objects" out of our way.
He inspires us to be our best and forgives us when we let him down.
There are times when I know he just lifts me up and carries me because I can't make it.

I am a screw up. I know that. I am going to mess up, over and over again. God opens doors and I pause in the entryway, gripped by fear. He forgives me over and over again...why...I don't know. He carries me in his loving arms through tough times and blesses me more than I can imagine and much, much more than I deserve.

Then there are other times when I just pray "Lord, break my fall". I know I am going to fall, just like we know that our children are going to fall off their bike and skin their knees. Sometimes I'm afraid that my fall is imminent and unavoidable and all I ask is that God will break my fall.

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18