Thursday, November 17, 2005

"Sometimes a Rose is just a Rose"

Sometimes a Rose is just a Rose.

So, I'm listening to Relient K, my son loves them and I'm just starting to experience them. I run across this song called "I'm Lion-O" and I instantly love it. It has great energy, a really cool hook and awesome harmonies.

Now Relient K is some sort of Christian Rock group so I immediately think "what a great song, maybe it will give me some inspiration for a devotional or lesson". OK, it talks about a Lion, so the first thing I think about is David and I go from there. My mind takes off with it and I start thinking of themes...however. What is this part about the "Thundercats"? I have never heard about such a thing in the Bible. I start to do some research. I "Google" the song and find the answer very quickly.

This song is about a cartoon called the Thundercats (I thought it sounded familiar) and it is just for fun. One of the Thundercats is "Lion-O". It's that simple. Pretty cool...I still can't stop listening to it.

Sometimes a Rose is just a Rose...er...a cat is just a cat.

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18