Tuesday, October 18, 2005

"...something completely different..." One

OK, so I watched just about the entire USC - Notre Dame game. Neither are favorites of mine, but I consider a Notre Dame a "real" college footbal team, from real college football country, with real college football history and real college football fans and fight songs, etc...

I really wanted USC to lose...bad. Why? Because I want everyone else to understand what I have known for my whole life, it's easy to roll over everyone you play when you only have 1 or 2 big games a year. I'm sorry, but because you obliterate Hawaii 63-17 means nothing, zip...zilch, same with Arizona, Arizona State, Washington State, Stanford (should I keep going?). What a joke. Big woop.

Try being a typical Big Ten team (just pick one) and try going undefeated with the best team...you have at least 6 big games a year, maybe more. Every road game is war, win a few and even your home games are madness. Everyone wants to win at the Big House, at the Shoe, at Camp Randall, every rivalry is covered in mines, just waiting to be triggered no matter if the rival is 8-1 or 2-6.

Anyway, what a cheap win, the game was over and then it wasn't. I am no football expert, but a big footbal fan but I was literally standing in my living room screaming "Don't fall for it, they are going for it!". I was right. USC couldn't imagine the idea of losing in overtime or even playing an overtime game. They want to dominate or nothing. That's why they play 8 or 9 gimmies a year.

Then we got to listen to "surfer boy" talk about "not knowing how to lose"... When you play more than one or two great teams in one year and win we'll talk.

This concludes "something completely different".

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18