Thursday, October 06, 2005

Full Circle

There have been a number of times in my life when I have thought to myself (sometimes out loud), "how did I end up here?!". One of those times was back in 1991 when I ended up in North Carolina after living my whole life in the midwest.

I found myself wondering the same thing the other night as I was practicing with the choir at my new Church, for the upcoming Christmas performance!!!


How...did..I...get...here?!?


This same guy that 14 years ago would (and DID) walk out of worship service (with family in tow) because the song leader DARED to lead a song about Christ's birth during the holiday season. It's amazing how God molds us and shapes us, how he opens and closes doors and guides us where he wants us to go. I feel blessed that he has a plan for me and I am excited about it.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't scare me sometimes, as I look around and realize that I'm in unfamiliar territory.

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18