Monday, May 08, 2006

"Friend"

Lately, our choir has been singing a song titled "Friend of God". It's a great song with a simple, powerful message..."I am a Friend of God...He calls me Friend".

One thing that I have noticed while singing this song and watching our director mouth the words as he directs us is...it's impossible to say the word FRIEND without smiling. I don't know what the origin of the word is but it seems logical. Try it for yourself, see if you can say the word friend and frown. Trust me, it's going to take some work.

When you call someone your friend or talk about a friend it should invoke good thoughts and feelings...and...make you smile.

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18