Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tingling.

When my arm goes numb from sleeping on it I have to wake up and dangle it so that the blood will start to flow again. Soon my arm starts to "wake up", that's a good thing, but...ouch! The "tingling" starts.

This is no ordinary tickling, it's more like "prickling". It feels like my arm has been surrounded by hundreds or thousands of small needles, when I make a fist to get the blood flowing faster the "prickling" intensifies.

I said a few months ago that I felt numb, I was terribly unfeeling and unmotivated to get excited about "Church". I also said that if my analogy was correct, that when the numbness subsided it would be temporarily replaced by pain.

The good thing about this type of pain is that you KNOW that it is temporary and in some ways it is invigorating. It is part of the process of waking up lifeless muscles and getting them back to normal functioning order. But still...ouch!

No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18