Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Gone

"...We are not infinite.
We are not permanent.
Nothing is immediate.
We're so confident.
In our accomplishments.
Look at our decadence..."

"Gone" by Switchfoot

This life is just a whisper, it's just a grain of sand in the beach of time...  Eternity is something that we cannot grasp.  All of my life, just concentrating on the idea has given me the chills, it has reduced me to a lump of flesh and made me tremble.  I have often thought about it in the shower in the morning when it's just me awake in the house and it's then (for some strange reason) that it hits me square in the face. 

   I'm immortal.

   I will die.

   My soul will live on forever.

   No amount of thought will help me understand what eternity is while I'm still here.

Maturity (the constant journey towards it) has helped me to recognize that it's those times when I have to just say "Lord, I'm gonna have to trust you on this one.".

"...'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?'..."
Mark 8:34-37


No comments:

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18