Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Things I Learned in Michigan...

I just returned from an amazing trip to the "land of my youth" - which is not entirely true since I don't think I have grown up yet. This was the first time I had ever taken a vacation by myself. I feel like this weekend was one of those "watershed" moments in my life. I re-connected with old friends and made new ones, did new things and experienced life. Here's the list:

  • Drink water while driving a convertible down the highway for half the morning.
  • I can get sun through my clothes.
  • RDU is the worst airport I have ever been in.
  • DTW is the second worst airport I have ever been in.
  • I have a new appreciation for CLT airport.
  • One of the best times of day to solve the world's problems (or at least your own) is from about 2am - 4am.
  • Always travel with a fan.
  • Everyone has a story to tell - listen! Shut your trap and listen!
  • The roads in Michigan are like war zones.
  • True friends take you the way you are and don't' judge you for what you have done.
  • The Jonas Brothers are Christians.
  • I have completely conquered my fear of flying! WOW! Thank you Lord...ALL YOU.
  • I would rather sit and talk all day with interesting kids than a lot of things...if you treat kids like they have something important to say then your life will be happier - they will fill it with joy.
  • EVERYTHING changes, some changes are not so good, but most are great, unexpected...
  • My worth does not revolve around how well I can sing or how good I am at working on computers.
  • Never pass up an opportunity to tell someone how much they mean to you.
  • I love XM Satellite Radio.
  • The traffic in Winston-Salem is...er...NOT EXISTENT!
  • Never forget to mingle...even when you don't want to...

NEW ONES I thought of later...

  • "O Brother Where Art Thou" is an awesome movie...I love ""A Man of Constant Sorrow".
  • Some of the best times may come when you are doing practically nothing...

That's enough for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog. How do you subscribe to it? Thanks!

browneyedgirl said...

I just discovered your blog. You are very insightful. I love Dharma & Greg. I thought I was the only one who watched the reruns!

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to leave comments but must be doing something wrong. Can you tell me how to do this?

browneyedgirl said...

I have left you a few comments, but don't see them posting. I am new at this. How do you leave comments? (Obviously if you get this I finally figured it out.)

Beetle Bryan said...

Look on the right (scroll down a bit) and see where it says "Subscribe to BeetleBryan's....". Click on "Posts" and then choose the one you want.

"...Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:7-18